Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ready, Set, ... wait

I'm a blue badge! I'm official! This is a little overwhelming and I think I'm not quite sure what to think or how to feel. For the past two weeks I've been immersed in impatience waiting for when I could get started. For the past day and a half I’ve been doing orientation and then this afternoon configuring my workstation. I’m at the end of the day looking at my shiny new blue badge and I guess I should feel some relief, but I don’t. I’m still in a holding pattern. I’m still not doing what I do best. When I’m not slinging thousands of lines of code or refactoring hundreds of classes or architecting huge frameworks or solving the unbelievably complex problems, I feel like I’m holding my breath. I’m like a fighter pilot waiting for the next sortie. I’m like a NASCAR driver waiting for the next race. I usually vent this energy in after hours work or study but I’m completely focused on pouring all of my energies into this experience and this opportunity. So I wait. My new team mates are reassuring me that it will all come and I will get my chance to contribute. But they can’t see the pent up energy building just underneath. I’ve been given the opportunity of a lifetime and one that fits not only my talents but my beliefs and my goals and my drive. So I wait. Just a little longer…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home