Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sometimes we forget

Pardon, the non-technical post, but I have something important to say.

As developers we sometimes get completely absorbed into our software projects and we pour 110% of ourselves into doing the best job possible. In doing so, we often forget to thank those who make it possible for us to have that type of focus. I'm a driven, enthusiastic software development nut who has had the opportunity to do some amazing projects. But I would not have been able to do it without a very special person taking care of the other 99% of daily life. My wife has been my soul mate, my guide, my companion and often the one I lean on. She’s passionate, tough when she needs to be, thoughtful, considerate and full of life. Without her I would not have had the amazing experiences that I’ve been blessed to have had. And without her unwavering common sense there is no telling where I would have wound up.

She may not read this but to everyone who reads my blog, you need to know that to do amazing things, you cannot do it alone. For all the million things that she does, for all the times she’s left alone while I’m on projects, for all the headaches that I put her through, I give her my utmost thanks and my undying love. She’s my true love, my companion and most of all, my very best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home