Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Just say NO!

I know I said I wouldn't post until after I got settled, but I ran into yet another issue where a program was written to just get out the door or without a real architecture for some reason and now there's issues.
No matter how many times it happens, it never pays to short your architecture to get code out the door or to resolve some perceived issue. There are always options. Did you get that last statement:
THERE ARE ALWAYS OPTIONS!
If you have to get code out the door, I can guarantee you that if you do your architecture up front, your code will still get out the door at the same time as if you would not have done your architecture and you'll be able to maintain and debug it in the future!
Also, if you are dealing with some performance issue, be it database or object related, there are always options to work around it or design patterns to aleviate it.
So, never code yourself into a corner by not architecting your apps. Because when you do code yourself into a corner, you're not alone. You've coded your clients into that corner with you. Now that mental picture should help you remember!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home